We try to at least once a week eat a meatless meal. This is healthier and saves SO much money every month! This week we had Black Bean burgers. A very easy and inexpensive recipe and I love the texture and flavor that they have!! I love them almost (ALMOST) as much as beef burgers.
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Salt &black pepper
- 4 hamburger rolls
Divide into patties and cook on hot oiled grill or pan over meduim low heat and cook about 5 minutes on each side or until they are heated all the way through. We buy fresh hamburger buns from our local grocer. And top just like you would any other burger with your favorite toppings. Yummy!!